Digital Diagnostics recognized for achievements in artificial intelligence diagnostics
Coralville, Iowa December 7, 2022 — Digital Diagnostics – a leading AI diagnostics company on a mission to transform global healthcare – is a recipient of CB Insights’ fourth-annual Digital Health 150. The list recognizes the 150 most promising private digital health companies of 2022.
“From reimagining clinical care, to leveraging tech like AR/VR to improve surgical training, this year’s Digital Health 150 winners are transforming the future of healthcare with digital technology,” said Brian Lee, SVP of CB Insights’ Intelligence Unit. “This increasingly global cohort, representing more than 18 countries across five continents, is not only driving better patient outcomes, but making healthcare more accessible. We are excited to follow the meaningful impact and continued success of this year’s winners.”
“We are honored to be recognized by CB Insights’ 2022 Digital Health 150 in the computer-aided imaging category,” said John Bertrand, CEO and Co-Founder of Digital Diagnostics. “The entire team at Digital Diagnostics deserves the credit for this amazing achievement. This recognition continues to validate the extraordinary efforts of those who work tirelessly to help improve patient outcomes, increase access, and reduce cost through point-of-care diagnosis.”
Utilizing the CB Insights platform, the research team selected these 150 winners from a pool of over 13,000 private companies, including applicants and nominees. They were chosen based on factors including R&D activity, proprietary Mosaic scores, market potential, business relationships, investor profile, news sentiment analysis, competitive landscape, team strength, and tech novelty. The research team also reviewed over 3,000 Analyst Briefings submitted by applicants.
In 2022 Digital Diagnostics saw incredible growth and expansion including closing a $75M Series B fundraise round to support continued development and implementation of AI diagnostic solutions. Other achievements include:
- Continued International expansion through the signing of a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Investment
- Long-term strategic partnership with Baxter International to help front line care providers deliver high-quality care and improve care outcomes
- Ongoing commercial expansion including a partnership with ArchWell Health to bring LumineticsCore (formerly known as IDx-DR), the autonomous AI diagnostic system, to ArchWell Health centers across the United States
Digital Diagnostics is a pioneering AI diagnostics company on a mission to benefit patients by transforming the accessibility, affordability, equity, and quality of global healthcare through the application of technology in the medical diagnosis and treatment process. LumineticsCore™ (formerly known as IDx-DR), Digital Diagnostics’ flagship product, detects more than mild diabetic retinopathy (including macular edema) at the point-of-care proving a diagnosis when disease is present. After completing a rigorous prospective, preregistered clinical trial at primary care sites across the country, LumineticsCore (formerly known as IDx-DR) became the first FDA De Novo cleared fully autonomous AI diagnostic system to detect disease without a physician’s assistance or overread.
Quick facts on the 2022 Digital Health 150:
- Equity funding and deals: Since 2017, this year’s Digital Health 150 winners have raised around $5.6B in equity funding across 378 deals. This includes approximately $1.6B raised across 85 deals in 2022 YTD alone.
- Unicorns: This year’s list includes only 5 unicorns with a $1B+ valuation, around 3% of the total list. For comparison, last year’s list contained 17. This tracks with a broader drop in new unicorns across sectors in 2022
- Global Reach: Winners in this year’s Digital Health 150 span 18 countries across 5 continents. A quarter (25%) are headquartered outside of the US — the most in the history of our list. While the US still leads, the UK comes in second with 9 winners, followed by Canada with 5 and Brazil with 3.
Check out full list of winners here: Digital Health 150 winners
About CB Insights
CB Insights builds software that enables the world’s best companies to discover, understand, and make technology decisions with confidence. By marrying data, expert insights, and work management tools, clients manage their end-to-end technology decision-making process on CB Insights. To learn more, please visit www.cbinsights.com.
About Digital Diagnostics
Digital Diagnostics Inc. is a pioneering AI diagnostics company on a mission to transform the quality, accessibility, equity, and affordability of global health care through the application of technology in the medical diagnosis and treatment process. The company, originally founded by Michael Abramoff, MD, PhD, a neuroscientist, practicing fellowship-trained retina specialist, and computer engineer, is led by him and co-founders John Bertrand and Seth Rainford.
Digital Diagnostics is paving the way for autonomous and assistive AI technology that is free of bias to become a new standard of care, contributing to democratizing health care and closing care gaps. The company works closely with patient advocacy groups, provider organizations, regulators, and other quality of care and ethics-focused stakeholders to enable the adoption of health care AI. For more information and the latest news follow: https://www.digitaldiagnostics.com/